Articles

21 JanThe Dangers of De-Icers

We’ve had severe winter weather lately, which means many businesses and homeowners are protecting themselves from icy sidewalks with de-icers.Most sidewalk de-icers are full of chemicals that are dangerous to our pets. The most common ones are made of calcium carbonate, calcium magnesium acetate, or...

22 DecWe Donated to Heifer International in Your Honor

Heifer International is a fantastic organization that works directly with communities around the globe to end poverty sustainably. The group provides livestock, resources and education to help these communities establish long-term agricultural practices.We are so grateful for your continued support of our hospital. Instead of...

21 DecHappy Holidays from Newberg Veterinary Hospital

Our entire staff at Newberg Veterinary Hospital would like to wish you and your family a warm, safe, and happy holiday season. We hope you enjoy your extra time with your loved ones, four-legged family members included!-The Newberg Veterinary Hospital team...

11 NovHow to Keep Your Pets Safe This Thanksgiving

Don’t give in to your pets’ begging for human food this Thanksgiving! Many of the holiday treats we love can cause health problems for our pets if they eat them. Here are some tips to keep your pets safe this Thanksgiving:Don’t leave wine glasses...

16 SepCaring for Senior Pets

As our pets age, their bodies and behaviors often change. Owners often assume that these changes are just signs of aging, but that isn’t always the case. For example, diseases like arthritis, dental disease and obesity can cause changes in movement, eating habits, weight and...

17 SepLeptospirosis In Animals

Leptospirosis is a bacterial infection that can affect dogs and cats. The bacteria that causes it are spread via the urine of infected pets and wild mammals, which remains infective for up to six months. Pets who spend a lot of time in the water,...

05 AugMarijuana and Pets

With the recent legalization of recreational marijuana on July 1, we would like to make pet owners aware of potential health risks to your pets resulting from ingestion. While generally not fatal, ingesting this plant can have serious effects. Symptoms of pet marijuana poisoning include...